Sunday, February 13, 2011

Bean Bag Chairs

Remember these cute bean bag chairs I made for Christmas??   I had a request for the pattern I used so I thought I would post it for all of you.  They were so easy to make and SUPER cute.  My nieces LOVED them.  The best thing about them is they have an inner ball and an outer layer so when it gets dirty or if you get sick of the colors, you can take off the outer layer and wash it, or make a new one with new colors.  If you click the link below it will take you right to the tutorial I used.  It is a FANTASTIC tutorial.  So easy to follow. The only difference I would make is getting just a little bit more fabric.  Instead of getting 1 yard of fabric per color, I would get 1 yard and a couple of inches.  This pattern is for a small chair.  If you're making it for anyone larger than a 6 year old, you might want to enlarge the pattern a bit and get more fabric. 

 Tutorial:   http://www.michaelmillerfabrics.com/Blog/bean_bag_chair.pdf 

Happy Sewing!  If you have questions on the instructions, feel free to email me or give me a call.  I would love to help you out.   

No comments: