Thursday, April 28, 2011

An accidental success!

 On Sunday there were lots of little girls wearing their new Easter dresses.  My husband saw one and asked me if I could make one like it.  I said um..... sure.  I couldn't back down from the challenge so Monday while my students were working on their sewing projects, I started looking in the scrap bin for something I could use.  I took a chalk pencil and started drawing out the pieces on the fabric.  I cut them out, sewed them together and tada!!!  This is what it became.  I added the cute turquoise ribbon and flower around the high waist and then to poof out the skirt I added some matching tulle. It is one of my favorites! And the best part is that it actually fits a child.  It is a 12 month size.   I can't wait to make more.  :)  If you like this one send me an email!  It's only $25.00!!


1 comment:

Camille @ Camille's Casa said...

Love the teal, that is so stinkin' adorable:)