Monday, December 13, 2010

Bean Bag Chairs

I often look around at my friend's blogs and I'm always amazed at how crafty my friends are.  These next couple of pictures I'm posting are of things I was inspired to make because of one of my crafty friends in particular.  It's the true blog experience - I got it from her blog, she got it from another blog, who got it from another blog....you know how it goes in the blogging world.  It doesn't take long for a good idea to spread.  Anyway, go here to check out all of her great ideas.

Okay, so here's what I have been up to.  I'm going to save the best for last so be sure you scroll to the bottom of the post.  :)


 Key Fobs:  Aren't these so cute?  I liked making them so much, I just ordered in a bulk shipment of the clips so I can make some more.  I have many other varieties coming soon!
Bean Bag Chairs:  I have been trying to decide what to get my nieces on my husband's side of the family and when I saw these, I knew it was just the thing.  I was one of those crazy people that stood in line for HOURS at JoAnn's on Black Friday so I already had all the fabric so it worked out perfect.  The only thing I had to buy was Velcro, muslin (for the lining), and the beans to fill them.  (by the way, I called a bunch of local stores to find the cheapest beans and the winner was.....Fred Meyers).



The best thing about these bean bag chairs is that the outer layer is removable so you can take it off and wash it.  I had so much fun making these, I'm tempted to make more, however, I need people who want to buy them first, so if you would be interested in one, send me an email at ohsewyou at yahoo.com and I will send you the pricing information.  They turned out so so cute that I just keep staring at them.  I had to hide them away so my husband's cats don't use them for beds.  I'm a little excited about them if you can't tell.

4 comments:

the ginabean said...

Hey, lady! How much for the key fobs?

Oh Sew You said...

Jeff says that for you we'll give you a special deal of only $35. lol! I'm going to sell them for $5. If you want one, let me know and I'll put it aside for you!

Rose said...

Really fun ideas!

Cami said...

I love it when I see them my postings helped someone! Thanks for linking. I'm assuming I know you, but I couldn't figure out who you are anywhere on your blog. Do share!
Cami

Your bean bags are so cute!