Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Lemon Basil Chicken



I had some left over Fresh Basil in my fridge the other day and needed to find a way to use it so I came up with this AWESOME recipe!  I didn't take pictures of it the first time I made it because it was just an experiment.  I didn't know it was going to taste so good.  So I made it again tonight to see if I could remember how I did it.  This time I used a roma tomato diced and I also diced my chicken up.  The first time I made it I used cherry tomatoes and left the chicken breasts whole. I love to eat it on a bed of lettuce.  No dressing needed for the lettuce because of the yummy flavor and juiciness of the chicken.  My husband gets all the credit for the fancy plating.  He did good work.  I think I'll have him plate all my recipes.

LEMON BASIL CHICKEN

3 Chicken breasts
1/4 cup Lemon Juice
3 fresh basil leaves, chopped
2 cups Cherry tomatoes (Any tomato cut up will work, the cherry tomatoes just look better)
1 tbsp. Chicken Boullion
1 tsp. Black Pepper
2 tbsp Olive Oil

Brown the chicken in the olive oil in a hot skillet.  Add remaining ingredients.  Reduce heat to medium low and cover skillet. Cook for about 20 min. or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.

2 comments:

the ginabean said...

Can't wait to try this! Sounds fabulous! (And the plating really is pretty!)

Delene said...

It was great! I would add some onions to the mix as well next time I make it.